Sea - moor - countryside
Jane's Place is ideally situated for exploring Devon and Cornwall.
- The Historic town of Launceston, with shops, leisure centre & golf clubs nearby.
- Tavistock- Stannery Town with pannier market, interesting shops and The Wharf for music, cinema and swimming pool.
- Okehampton - Gateway to Dartmoor with the Museum of Dartmoor Life, Cinema, supermarkets, Granite Way cycle hire and trail.
- Holsworthy - Traditional country town with livestock market on Wednesdays.
- The Cities of Exeter, Plymouth & Truro all within 1 hour drive.
Beaches and coast
- Bude area is wonderful for sandy beaches, surfing and swimming.
- Crackington Haven our favourite, rocky /sandy beach at low water with good pub and cafes.
- Boscastle Harbour with it spectacular scenery and great walks.
- Tintagel for King Arthur's castle and spectacular walk to Trebarwith Strand.
- Trebarwith Strand sandy beach at low water. Dog friendly beach and good pub.
- Port Isaac for Dr Martin and Fishermen's Friends singing on The Platt some Friday evenings.
- Padstow interesting working harbour, home of Rick Stein's Restaurants and Camel Trail for cycling.
Inns & Pub Food
- Court House, Lifton
- Lifton Hall Hotel, Lifton
- Pint & Post, St Giles on the Heath
- The Clovelly Inn, Bratton Clovelly
- Village Inn, Ashwater
- The Castle, Lydford
- The Arundell Arms, Lifton
- Rising Sun, Altarnun
- Life's A Beach, Bude
- Dartmoor Inn Lydford
Many National Trust Properties and Gardens
- Cotehele, Lanhydrock, Castle Drogo and Lydford Gorge all nearby.
- Dingles Heritage Fairground at Lifton
- Eden Project and Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Dartmoor National Park - Great Walking, Cycling and Horse Riding country
- Bodmin Moor - Relics of the old mining industry abound, walk to the spectacular Cheesering and Hurlers or climb Brown Willy.
- The Tamar Valley - An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, discover mining history at Morwellam Quay, wonderful rivers, peaceful hamlets, pubs and restaurants. Canoe up the Tamar River.
- Roadford Reservoir - just a couple of miles away, over 730 acres of water with recreational paths, and a family cycleway through woodland. Visitor Centre café, Fishing and Water Sports.